Al-Raida is a quarterly journal published by IWSAW. Its mission is to enhance networking between Arab women and women all over the world; to promote research on the condition of women in the Arab world, especially with respect to social change and development; and to report on the activities of IWSAW and the Lebanese American University.
Each issue of Al-Raida features a file which focuses on a particular theme, in addition to articles, conference reports, interviews, book reviews, and art news.
Hard copies of recent and back issues of Al-Raida are available in English at the Institute. Online copies of issues, 2001 onwards, are available online in English and Arabic (free of charge).
- Issue No. 125: Women and Scriptures in the Arab World
- Issue No. 124: Women, Activism, and the Arts
- Issue No. 122–123: Women in the Performing Arts
- Issue No. 120–121: Arab Refugee Women
- Issue No. 118–119: Arab Women Writing in English
- Issue No. 116–117: Arab Diaspora Women
- Issue No. 114–115: The Empowerment of Arab Women
- Issue No. 113: Female Criminality in the Arab World
- Issue No. 111–112: The Status of Women in Lebanese Legislation
- Issue No. 109–110: Women and Activism in the Arab World
- Issue No. 108: Arab Women and Disabiliy
- Issue No. 106–107: Young Arab Women
- Issue No. 104–105: What About Masculinity?
- Issue No. 103: Women and War in the Arab World
- Issue No. 101–102: Non-Arab Women in the Arab World
- Issue No. 100: Arab Women’s Movements
- Issue No. 99: Sexuality & Arab Women
- Issue No. 97–98: Arab Women in Civil Society
- Issue No. 95–96: Incarcerated Arab Women